Sunday, January 30, 2005

Are you shoveling???????

OK I know I live in Lovely Lynn and everything, but really what is the IQ ratio compared to say Swell Swampscott.
The other day, after being PO'd by having to move my car at 7:20 in the AM, I decided to try and chop up the glacier in front of the house, so maybe by March we could actually park on the street. First my neighbor on the left, with the 3 crazy dogs, she is actually a sort of nice older motherly type, yelled over to me, "Are you shoveling?". The answer obviously was "yes". Then she said, "Oh it looks really hard, and maybe you should do it another time". I said, "Thanks", but secretly I was thinking, mind your own business or get out your own shovel!!!!!!!!
Then, secondly, my neighbor on the right comes out, now she is about 40ish and still lives at home with her mother and strange looking brother, they also own a crazy dog and house several neighborhood squirrels, and says "Are you shoveling?". I said "yes". And then she said, "Are you planning on parking on the street?". I said "There are other cars on the street". She said, "Well don't park too close to my driveway, because then it makes it harder for me to see out" I said "I'm not going to block your driveway". Thinking you lazy crazy person, if you were so interested in seeing out of your driveway, why don't you try shoveling down the glacier that is blocking the driveway, instead of complaining to me!!!!!
Don't you just love your neighbors!

1 comment:

Gienna said...

Hey, this post made me laugh, and I'd already heard the story once! Good one!

I sent you an email with this link, but knowing how slow your school's email is, I thought you might see it here, first.

Funds for Young Writers